Tuesday 27 April 2010

Stamp it and move on


Wax sealing has been around for decades. It involves heating up the wax and stamping an already engrained emblem or figure on top in order to seal a letter. I have always thought since I saw this the first time that it was an incredible way of communicating a personal message and a final statement. This technique has brilliant connotations of using your own personal symbol to seal the bounding envelope. The wax also leaves a really nice, smooth imperfect surrounding, around the perfectly hand made shape or symbol imprinted into it. It is such an old technique but just using that stamp, thrives passion of a graphical design representation. 

With my graduation creeping up on me this stamp represents another stage in my life that I will hopefully have completed and put my personal mark of achievement on. This is not an end though, this is just the beginning of the next adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment