Wednesday 28 April 2010

Current Project

At the moment I am currently working my final project of university (Graphic Communication) called The Big Idea. I have to create, through any media, a piece of design, which communicates the word PREJUDICE in an new light, visually. Through research I have become very interested in the psychological side of design, which is a key part in communicating a message.  I have learnt this over the 3 years I have been studying Graphic Communication.


What I have become fascinated with is how incredibly fast human brains can form an opinion. Looking into material such as 'Blink' by Malcom Gladwell, which is the study of cognitive thinking and how we judge people within the first seconds of seeing or meeting someone 'thought with out thinking'. Rapid cognition is a key part in Prejudice. I am interested portraying the way that prejudice can be a useful technique to use because looking at why it is bad for society has been done over and over. I want to prove to my audience that prejudice can work in your favour. I will post my final outcome in 2 weeks...

No comments:

Post a Comment