Thursday 1 April 2010

Dominos Pizza and the Saracens





Work Experience

I recently had the oppertunity to experience the world and life of an advertising photographer. After a recent meeting with Matt Cant (an experienced Advertising Photographer)  he took me to the Saracens Rugby Training ground in North London. He had a shoot photographing the previous winner of the cross bar challenge and a few Saracens having a go at this years obstical (Domino's sign above). This was a great oppertunity for me to get a real feel of how everything runs and how quick the place is in the proper photographer industry. I came out of this with a much greater understanding of what 'the real world' is like in the creative industry and  what it has to offer. I found this experience to be of a great interest to me and discoverd that I do want to go into the extreme sports side of the creative industry.

I want to give a big shout out for Matt Cant an extremely talanted Photographer who has been in the creative industry for over 20 years. Recently moving from London (after 19 years) to a town just outside Cardiff to get stuck in to the evolving design scene picking up here, where he has been working for UWIC, BBC and many other companies.

I am going down with Matt to Wembly to assist in capturing the event at half time, which is the new cross bar challenge sponsered by domino's (images above), which should be an exhilerating experience. I will really get into the roll of what beening a photographer is like under pressure.

To take a look at who Matt Cant has worked for and the projects he has been commitions to, follow this link to his website.


Many thanks for this oppertunuity Matt.


Image captured by Matt Cant at Saracent training ground
of the previous crossbar challenge winner Stuart Tinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment